Friday, June 24, 2011

Unbridled, Unexpected and Untitled.

Sitting on the beach
fists clenching a handful of sand..
Contemplating..
What has life given me?

I noticed a toddler, standing far away
observing the waves
nervously shifting his weight..
Expecting a huge wave to maybe, drown him..

Ha! I thought..
You poor little thing..
no wave ever reaches there!
fair bet that your feet wont even be moist..

Reading my thoughts?
I gawked at a huge wave
drenching people on its way..
Oh no! Can it? Will it?

It toned down and snaked its way
slowly.. silently.. inviting.. welcoming..
touched the little boy's feet
Like holding both of his hands- and inviting him to play..

He jumped with delight,
he had won! he had conquered!
laden with confidence, he took a step further
and a step further...

I saw him jumping in water- waist deep!
his mother grabbed him like a weed and pulled him out!
and he wailed to be sown back
Eh! I chuckled.. Be careful, little one!
Theres enough life ahead to drown you in it!

2 comments:

prasanna venkatesh said...

Many fruitful hours in the Marina (Marina hot included!!)has instilled a vortex of thoughts I guess. The ending lines are just brilliant :-)

moon said...

You write so well :):) its awesome ..really...looking forward to read more from you.... :)

awesome dude...